A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it... We are too ready to retaliate, rather than forgive... And yet we could hurt no man that we believe loves us. Let us try then what love will do: for if men did once see we love them, we should soon find they would not harm us. Force may subdue, but Love gains: and he that forgives first, wins the laurel.
William Penn

Be patterns, be examples in all countries, places, islands, nations wherever you come; that your carriage and life may preach among all sorts of people, and to them; then you will come to walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone...
George Fox

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Donations

Friends, I continue to ask for donations. I've got enough money now to take me to the end of October.
As always, I try to spend as little as possible. Most of what I spend goes towards simple, basic food, but there are other expenses as well, such as second hand clothing. The boots I've had since Perpignan, in France, are just about ready for retirement.
I have stopped using 'couchsurfing' to find hosts as it took up too much time and money using the internet in internet cafes; my travelling companion  (who has her own funds) and I have been either 'wilderness' camping or asking for lodging in the places we visit. As always, there are generous and hospitable people who help us out, but there are many days when only your donations keep me going.
I am doing my best to work for peace along the way, visiting those places where efforts are being made to reconcile former enemies from the 'Balkan Wars'.
And I still talk to people I meet about the petitions I am carrying for peace in the Middle East, and about the organization I walk for, 'Masterpeace' masterpeace.org
My budget is something less than 150 euros a month now, as Bosnia is less expensive than Slovenia and Croatia.
If you'd like to contibute to this walk for peace, e-mail me at: la_peripherie@yahoo.com,  and type in 'donation' as the subject. I will tell you whether or not I still need money, and if I do, how you can send it to me.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment