A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it... We are too ready to retaliate, rather than forgive... And yet we could hurt no man that we believe loves us. Let us try then what love will do: for if men did once see we love them, we should soon find they would not harm us. Force may subdue, but Love gains: and he that forgives first, wins the laurel.
William Penn

Be patterns, be examples in all countries, places, islands, nations wherever you come; that your carriage and life may preach among all sorts of people, and to them; then you will come to walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone...
George Fox

Monday, April 9, 2012

Help!

If anyone would like to help me out financially, I would appreciate it now as I have only 30 euros. Since the First of November, when I began this Peace Pilgrimage, I have spent about 620 euros, which has paid for my food, phone calls, internet use, ferry tickets to and from Morocco, import tax for the phone my step-brother sent me, on a few occasions, lodging, and other miscellaneous things. This comes to about 124 euros per month for me to live on. I obviously don't overdo it; for example, my Easter Sunday dinner (and breakfast and lunch) was bread, cream cheese, granola cereal and a few oranges. My lodging was in my tent in an orange grove. People who host me for a night or two have helped me keep my budget down.
While I enjoy this walk, and all the people I've met and experiences I've had, good and not so good, this walk is not a holiday; it is my vocation. What I am doing is work; I have walked some 2000 kilometers these past 5 months, and left my family behind. I am carrying two petituions for peace in Palestine and Israel, and I speak about peace to anyone who will listen. Military personnel are paid well, they eat well, they have the support of a team, and they are usually well respected. I have few of these things, yet I believe that my work is important, and far better guided than that of the military. I believe a peace other than peace under the threat of arms is not only possible but inevitable.
If you are interested, my e-mail is la_peripherie@yahoo.com; for the subject type 'donation'; I'll let you know if I still need money, and if so, how to send it.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment