A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it... We are too ready to retaliate, rather than forgive... And yet we could hurt no man that we believe loves us. Let us try then what love will do: for if men did once see we love them, we should soon find they would not harm us. Force may subdue, but Love gains: and he that forgives first, wins the laurel.
William Penn

Be patterns, be examples in all countries, places, islands, nations wherever you come; that your carriage and life may preach among all sorts of people, and to them; then you will come to walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone...
George Fox

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Walk from Valencia to Castellon de la Plana

Kansas? No, just a few hundred meters from the Mediterranean

A Mediterranean beach before the condominiums are built and the sand shipped in


I was awakened in this orange grove at 0700 by a shotgun blast behind the tent. The rabbit the hunter shot was in front of the tent. Hmmm.





I went deep into this orange grove so that I wouldn't be shot

Miklos Vamos, Hungarian pilgrim heading the other way, to Gibraltar

If only I could sell this church door to fund my walk

These nice ladies paid for my bread in this cafè

Nules

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ken

    My name is Roger Humbel. I am from Switzerland but currently living in Maribor, Sloevnija. I just hosted Miklos Vamos, the pilgrim that you met in Spain. He is again on bike on the road to Gibraltar. Please just let me know when you did meet him in Spain, because I am realy curious about his story (I don't speak hungarian). He mentioned that he is always on bike, but you met him on foot?

    I try to catch up with Miklos again when he arrives to Italy.

    And: I also started to walk in the balkans and I end up spending three months in Sarajevo,a town that I fell in love with.

    All the best, Roger
    rogerhumbel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete