A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it... We are too ready to retaliate, rather than forgive... And yet we could hurt no man that we believe loves us. Let us try then what love will do: for if men did once see we love them, we should soon find they would not harm us. Force may subdue, but Love gains: and he that forgives first, wins the laurel.
William Penn

Be patterns, be examples in all countries, places, islands, nations wherever you come; that your carriage and life may preach among all sorts of people, and to them; then you will come to walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone...
George Fox

Sunday, March 4, 2012

More of Elx (Can't Get Enough)

Association of Women, fighting against violence to women

A lesson on making soap from used cooking oil

People gathering for workshops, talks and a market based on trade

A talk on nutrition

Another Javi. This 24 year old engineering student wants to use his skills to better the world.

In the center, Genevieve, David (the Chi Kung healer) and Ramon, flanked by friends.

Nothing like a little Tai Chi to energize yourself. 

Passing the petitions for peace in the Middle East.

Left to right: Fran, Zeynep from Turkey, Clelia from Italy, and David, my host for the third night in Elx.

David after two or three hours of sleep, but smiling.

The way out of Elx, towards Alicante. More palm trees!
On Saturday my host Jeroni took me to an open air series of workshops and talks related to the 15th of May Movement's philosophy. I had an opportunity to do a little Tai Chi before being given ChiKung healing by a friend of the previous day's healer, Genevieve. Generous Genevieve, whom I have nominated for sainthood, also gave me a donation. After having a beautiful lunch with David, Genevieve, and Ramón, I met with Jeroni again, only to leave soon afterwards to meet my new host, David (not to be confused with Chi Kung David). David is a post-graduate student studying bio-engineering. After treating me to dinner we met with some of his friends. Back at his apartment, I went to bed and David went out til 6 in the morning. When I was up at 9, so was David to arrange breakfast and show me the way to Alicante. That is some serious hospitality folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment