A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it... We are too ready to retaliate, rather than forgive... And yet we could hurt no man that we believe loves us. Let us try then what love will do: for if men did once see we love them, we should soon find they would not harm us. Force may subdue, but Love gains: and he that forgives first, wins the laurel.
William Penn

Be patterns, be examples in all countries, places, islands, nations wherever you come; that your carriage and life may preach among all sorts of people, and to them; then you will come to walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone...
George Fox

Saturday, September 1, 2012

From the House Under the Rainbow to the Parrocchia in Codroipo

My hosts in Pordenone, Ika and Loris. Ika is originally from Poland. Loris used to give workshops on non-violent resistance.

A street in Pordenone

Loris walked with me for a bit on my way out of Pordenone





There are a lot of military bases in northeast Italy


After I'd asked for water in a bar, this man gave me a liter of cold orange juice

The church in Codroipo. I was thinking of pitching my tent just out of town, but decided to look for a bed.

The priest who found me a room at the Parrocchia di Santa Maria Maggiore

My room at the parrocchia was like a four-star hotel

Volunteers at the parrocchia. Rina, on the left, made sure I was fed well. She was working when I went to bed, and working when I got up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment