A good end cannot sanctify evil means; nor must we ever do evil, that good may come of it... We are too ready to retaliate, rather than forgive... And yet we could hurt no man that we believe loves us. Let us try then what love will do: for if men did once see we love them, we should soon find they would not harm us. Force may subdue, but Love gains: and he that forgives first, wins the laurel.
William Penn

Be patterns, be examples in all countries, places, islands, nations wherever you come; that your carriage and life may preach among all sorts of people, and to them; then you will come to walk cheerfully over the world, answering that of God in everyone...
George Fox

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Well Wishers, A Free Lunch, Reporters, Rain, Somewhere Under the Rainbow

Leaving Vittorio Veneto



A couple of Alpini



Well-wishers on the way to Pordenone. I thought I would include myself in this photo as well.

More well-wishers

A friend of Lucio...

...who is seen here waiting patiently for me to take this photo. Lucio invited me to lunch from the side of the road. Not exactly pilgrim's fare!



The photographer from a local paper. Later, the journalist showed up.

More roadside support

I confess, the smile may have been forced a bit. Yet even this downpour couldn't dampen my spirits for long.
Having reached Pordenone, I found my host's house under a rainbow

While I waited for them, I searched for answers in the sky, but found only riddles

My hosts in Pordenone, the Tissino family

No comments:

Post a Comment